The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has approved the Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) kit developed by Pune-based MyLabs Discovery Solutions for at-home testing of Covid-19. ICMR has clear that only those people who have been contacted with Covid positive person and shows some symptoms of Covid should use the Test Kit. This Self Covid Test Kit shows the result in only 15 minutes and cost RS. 250.
The test is authorized for non-prescription home use with self-collect nasal swab specimen from individual aged 18 years and older or with adult-collected samples from individual aged 2 years or older. Home testing should be conducted as per the procedure described by the manufacturer in the user manual. This Kit will be available in chemist shop.
The Mobile app is required for the testing procedure and collected data from your mobile app will be secured and connected with the ICMR COVID-19 Testing portal. The home test mobile app will be available on the play store for both android & ios users. The kit contains a pre-filled extraction tube, instruction card, test card, and biohazard bag.
Following are the some instruction for the COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test-Self Test Kit-KT procedure:
Test Preparation –
- Before testing washes the hands properly and make sure that they are dry before the test.
- Open the pouch card and separate all components inside the pouch.
- Download the Mylab Coviself app and fill in credentials. ( All fields are mandatory )
- Scan the QR code present on the test device it links your credentials.
- Open the pre-filled buffer tube hold it vertically, unscrew the cap, and do not spill content inside the buffer tube.
Follows the steps for Testing –
- Open the swab package by holding the Tail not the head of the swab and do not touch the swab head.
- Using a swab take a sample from both nostrils, inserts the swab carefully nearly 2-3cm, and roll the swab 5 times, make sure that the swab has collected the samples.
- Take the swab and insert it into a pre-filled extraction tube, pinch the tube at the bottom swirl the nasal swab 10 times and make sure that the sample is well immersed in buffer.
- Break the swab from its breakpoint and mix well properly.
- Cover the tube with a cap and tighten it.
- Do not leave the test device for more than 5 minutes, add two full drops of sample on the sample point of the test device.
- Read the result within 20 minutes, result appear than 20 minutes will be considered invalid.
- Take the picture of the test device, wait for the app to analyze the Covid test result.
- All components put in the biohazard bag, drop in the dustbin.
All results may be interpreted as per the protocol laid down by the manufacturer in the user manual (pictorial
and video link of the user manual is provided below against the name of the approved test kit). The manufacturer’s instructions must be strictly followed for disposal of the test kit, swab, and other materials.
Link For Instructions for use in English and Hindi – http://coviself.com/ifu/
Also visit the – https://www.icmr.gov.in/ for more update.
Video Link for demonstration video along with illustrated Video In English and Hindi.
Stay Home, Stay Safe.